Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tillandsias and Crispy Noodles

Someone asked me the other day what my favorite thing to do in San Francisco was- being that I just moved here and all. I rummaged my thoughts for a few things trying to pick just one and came up with... a list!

There's something about sharing lists with ya'll that makes my life seem a lot tidier and easier to describe, which I love:

1. Mysterious walks at night with no destination that most importantly involve nothing more than peering into magnificent cozy looking apartments with great windows.
2. Discovering new nooks and crannies.
3. Solo nighttime bike rides to Golden Gate Park and sometimes to the beach.
4. All the tiny movie theaters that I have yet to experience.
5. Paxton Gate and my ever-growing collection of Tillandsias.
6. Leaving the Embarcadero St. BART station with a destination of bagels/orange juice + my comfy desk at 8020 + the latest ep. of This American Life.
7. Dolores Park + Mexi Coke and sometimes brie and baguettes from Bi Rite.
8. Crispy noodles and spongy tofu stir-fry at Diego's.
9. Sitting on the floor at Amoeba and finding $2 records.
10. Browsing sidewalk sales in the Mission/anywhere.
10 1/2. The new California Academy of Sciences


coveted windows, tree, and second story porch in Hayes Valley.

Best of all- I'm moving upstairs on the first into a new bedroom with a) windows b) an ornamental fireplace c) less noise. Things are looking up! Literally! Hopefully I'll have a post with pictures up of my new room in the near future.

No comments: